Friday, 5 November 2010

street art

Today we had a college trip to "Street Art: Contemporary Prints from the V&A" exhibition at the Herbert Gallery in Coventry.  Admittedly if I had been asked to pick any current exhibition in the UK to visit this would probably not have chosen this one, but how wrong can a girl be?
It was a really good intro to contemporary street art and I felt really inspired by the approach of the artists shown. Nowadays if you mention Banksy a lot of people will have a lot of opinions at the ready but I would seriously recommend this exhibition if you are open to having your horizons broadened. Some of my favourites from the exhibition include Deadbeat Donny's work (the image above forms part of the exhibition) and a stop motion animation by titled "Nowhere Near Here" by  pahnl . I am a complete novice at this stuff but it was a really great exhibition, possibly helped by its links to the V&A?

No comments:

Post a Comment