Creating a blog is one of the tasks I have to do for college. Part of the reasons for this is to get our own work "out there". I am struggling with this a bit but a dear friend pointed me in the direction of
Sophie Backhouse who is doing a great job of posting her work.
I also noticed that Sophie works for
Nonconform Design Consultancy. I was interested in this for two reasons; firstly, another bit of our course is about looking at the pros and cons of working freelance versus being an employee, and Sophie has (I am guessing) made the decision to go down the employee route, and I would be interested to know why.
Secondly, Nonconform look like an interesting company to work for. I noticed that they did a project for
Manchester Camerata and the outcome has some roots in street art. Having recently been to the
Street Art exhibition, it is something that I have been thinking about and I noticed that it is a trend that is popping up all over the place.
For example,
Mother, an advertising agency based in London recently employed graffiti artist Ben Eine to create a new art work. I'd be interested to know what anyone else has found.
No comments:
Post a Comment