I have been really busy planning the animation. I discovered that it is possible to do slightly more complicated animations as stop-frame animations in Photoshop. Basically you copy and change layers and then convert the layers to frames. You then amend the timings (you can also reverse the order of frames) and then you export the animation as a png file. Having done that with some leaves, some of the labels and a butterfly I was then ready to get help with the next stage.
The plan was that Nick in IT would then help me imbed them. Nick showed me how to do the rendering and then thought it would be best to move everything into Final Cut Pro. Unfortunately this began to get epically complicated. Time was flying by and I wasn't going to be able to continue in Final Cut Pro at home.
So we went for plan B (the Keep-It-Simple-Stupid option), Nick showed me how to import the video as a new layer. Once I had done that I could change the start and finish point, (though not the duration) and the opacity. I have since discovered that it is possible to resize them but it changes the format (still trying to understand that bit!) Also if i want the last frame to effectively "freeze" then I need it as a separate layer.
It was slightly frustrating how long it took and although I learnt a lot I am no further forward with the actual animation.

No comments:
Post a Comment