Tuesday, 24 April 2012

illustration futures - researching website front pages

mrs eliot books

Mrs Eliot Books has a lovely front page, perhaps simpler than would be appropriate for John, but I love the colours.
hannah konola

Hannah Konola has a great front page, packed full of images of her work. Although this is not something I was thinking of for John it is a great way of showing work.

anne van den berg

I like the hand drawn elements of Anne van den Berg's website and also how the images of her work tempt you to start exploring the site. (Slightly off subject, but her facebook page is great for keeping up with her latest work.)
olivier latyk

Illustrator Olivier Latyk has a great image as the front page to his website (not the one above unfortunately, but it is in a similar style), something similarly striking would be great for John. But I would like it to be more interactive.

Dan Bramall has a nice simple start to his website. I like the way you can click on labels which look hand written rather than typed.

mique moriuchi
I like that this page is representative of Mique Moriuchi's style, but once you click to enter the site is rather limited. The blog is far more interesting and informative.

So now I am off to plan John's site!




No comments:

Post a Comment